To celebrate the pitter-patter of tiny feet (or any occasion), crisp buttery sugar cookies like these are a hit, hands down! They cut wonderfully into delicate shapes and look festive decorated with pink and blue sugar. -Joyce Leach, Armstrong, Iowa
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pink and blue colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into small hands and feet or desired shapes. Place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Baby Shower Sugar Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p33
Reviews for Baby Shower Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review