Baby Shower Punch
The grapefruit flavor really shines in this pretty punch. I serve it at family gatherings throughout the year.
Dianne Sears, Prince George, British Columbia
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed (about 2 pounds)
- 6 cups water
- 3-1/2 cups grapefruit juice
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until rhubarb is very
- tender. Strain and discard pulp. Return rhubarb juice to the
- saucepan; add the grapefruit juice, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to
- a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly. Cover
- and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, transfer to a
- punch bowl and stir in ginger ale. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 201 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.