- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Baby Ruth candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in candy bars.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Baby Ruth Cookies(7)
Sort By :
First, always use parchment paper & cool on the paper & then remove with a spatula. Used a Fun Size Bag, 11.5 oz. & you need 7 bars for a single batch & 14 for a double batch & 17 bars comes in that size bag. Also found that cutting them with kitchen scissors works much better than with a knife, & make the pieces a little chunky & avoid small pieces as they melt to fast. I used a rounded tsp. & only got 36 cookies. I also baked mine at 350 degrees instead of 375 as was mentioned. Also used 1/2 tsp. salt & not the 1/8 as also was mentioned. Keep dough chilled, so cookies will not spread.
This recipe looks promising but I have a question. How many Fun Size bars equal the 2 Baby Ruth candy bars called for in this recipe? Or would one 12.5 oz Fun Size bag equal the candy bars called for? How should I proceed? Thanks in advance for your advice.
I made these cookies for two of my friends for Christmas and they were great! My friends wanted the recipe so they could make them also
I made these cookies for the first and last time today. The caramel oozed out of the dough all over the cookie sheet. They were a pain in the butt to get off the pan. I will NOT make these again.