- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Baby Ruth candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in candy bars.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Baby Ruth Cookies
Sort By :
"First, always use parchment paper & cool on the paper & then remove with a spatula. Used a Fun Size Bag, 11.5 oz. & you need 7 bars for a single batch & 14 for a double batch & 17 bars comes in that size bag. Also found that cutting them with kitchen scissors works much better than with a knife, & make the pieces a little chunky & avoid small pieces as they melt to fast. I used a rounded tsp. & only got 36 cookies. I also baked mine at 350 degrees instead of 375 as was mentioned. Also used 1/2 tsp. salt & not the 1/8 as also was mentioned. Keep dough chilled, so cookies will not spread."
"This recipe looks promising but I have a question. How many Fun Size bars equal the 2 Baby Ruth candy bars called for in this recipe? Or would one 12.5 oz Fun Size bag equal the candy bars called for? How should I proceed? Thanks in advance for your advice."
"I made these cookies for two of my friends for Christmas and they were great! My friends wanted the recipe so they could make them also"
"I made these cookies for the first and last time today. The caramel oozed out of the dough all over the cookie sheet. They were a pain in the butt to get off the pan. I will NOT make these again."