A hearty sloppy joe sandwich always goes over well with our bunch, so my saucy, slightly sweet version was a hit at the shower.—Betty Otten, Tea, South Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:54-66 servings
- 14 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (50 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons each garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 dozen sandwich buns, split
- 1. In two Dutch ovens or stockpots, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Combine the tomato soup, tomatoes, barbecue sauce, jelly, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, pepper and mustard; stir half into each pan.
- 2. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until thickened and heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 54-66 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 236 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC