A hearty sloppy joe sandwich always goes over well with our bunch, so my saucy, slightly sweet version was a hit at the shower.—Betty Otten, Tea, South Dakota
- 14 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (50 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons each garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 dozen sandwich buns, split
- In two Dutch ovens or stockpots, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Combine the tomato soup, tomatoes, barbecue sauce, jelly, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, pepper and mustard; stir half into each pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until thickened and heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 54-66 servings.
Originally published as Baby-Ques in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p16
Reviews for Baby-ques
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2012
"Remember this serves 54-66 people. Cut recipe in half, then half it again for a more family friendly amount! This sounds so good!"
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2011
"14 pounds of ground beef...really?"