Baby Corn Romaine Salad
"My kids really enjoy this green salad, made with romaine lettuce, broccoli, corn and crumbled bacon," shares Kathryn Maxson of Mountlake Terrace, Washington. "It uses bottled dressing, so it's quick to fix, too."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup fat-free Caesar or Italian salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, broccoli, corn and bacon.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 43 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.