"My kids really enjoy this green salad, made with romaine lettuce, broccoli, corn and crumbled bacon," shares Kathryn Maxson of Mountlake Terrace, Washington. "It uses bottled dressing, so it's quick to fix, too."
Recommended: 77 Foods to Eat When You Have a Cold
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1/2 cup fat-free Caesar or Italian salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, broccoli, corn and bacon. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baby Corn Romaine Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p58