- Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff
- peaks form. Fold in almonds. Place 2 teaspoons of topping on each
- chick, spreading to cover all but the beak and feet.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool
- completely on wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Stir in yellow
- and red food coloring to make orange; spread on beak and feet of
- each chick. Yield: 4 dozen (2-inch cookies).
Editor's Note: White confectionery coating is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is sometimes labeled "almond bark" or "candy coating" and is often sold in bulk packages of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 183 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.