Baby Carrots with Almonds
Jane Kittle of Columbia Cross Roads, Pennsylvania sends her not-so-candied carrots she fixes for her diabetic husband. She writes, “It’s great for him, but it’s something we all enjoy!”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave
- on high for 4-6 minutes or until tender; drain. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 96 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.