Baby Back Ribs Recipe
Slow-cook the ribs during the day and they will be ready to finish on the grill when you get home.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 2-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into eight pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. Place the ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the water, onion, celery, 1 teaspoon garlic and peppercorns. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, plum sauce, hot pepper sauce and remaining garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove ribs. Discard cooking juices and vegetables.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Brush ribs with sauce. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 555 calories, 39 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC