Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into eight pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. Place the ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the water, onion, celery, 1 teaspoon garlic and peppercorns. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, plum sauce, hot pepper sauce and remaining garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove ribs. Discard cooking juices and vegetables.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Brush ribs with sauce. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 555 calories, 39g fat (14g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Baby Back Ribs
"Simple and tasty!"
"My husband usually does the ribs so I was pleasantly surprised how easy it is to make these. The flavor was wonderful too."
"Yes, I would make this recipe again. It was so easy and so good!!"
"Yes, I have used this recipe before and it is great. Sometimes I change and put it on the grill first to brown and get the BBQ flavor, then put it in the slow cooker."
"So easy and the end result is meat so tender it falls off of the bone."