- 2-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into eight pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Place the ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the water, onion, celery, 1 teaspoon garlic and peppercorns. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, plum sauce, hot pepper sauce and remaining garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove ribs. Discard cooking juices and vegetables.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Brush ribs with sauce. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baby Back Ribs
"Simple and tasty!"
"My husband usually does the ribs so I was pleasantly surprised how easy it is to make these. The flavor was wonderful too."
"Yes, I would make this recipe again. It was so easy and so good!!"
"So easy and the end result is meat so tender it falls off of the bone."