Babka (Noodle Pudding)
"THIS DESSERT is delicious hot or cold. It pops up slightly when baked and has a nice golden-honey color. Any type of fruit or preserves—cherries, apricots, strawberries, applesauce, etc.—works as a topping. You also can use a variety of ingredients in Babka—try it with raisins!"
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound egg noodles or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- Cherry, apricot or strawberry preserves
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water until almost done. Drain. Place
- in a bowl with butter; toss to coat. In a separate bowl, beat eggs,
- milk and sugar until well blended. Combine with noodles. Pour into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for about 35
- minutes or until puffy and noodles begin to brown at edges. Cut into
- squares and serve hot or cold with fruit preserves. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 347 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 236 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.