- (dough will be sticky). Place in a greased bowl, turning once to
- grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Stir dough down. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape dough
- into 24 balls and place in well-greased muffin cups. Cover and let
- rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, bring water and sugar to a boil over medium heat. Cook and
- stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture is syrupy, about 10
- minutes. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Stir in
- Bake cakes at 375° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Poke
- holes in cakes with a fork; slowly pour 1 tablespoon rum syrup over
- each cake. Top each with a cherry half. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before removing from pans. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cake equals 191 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.