B Is For Book Sandwich
To fix this ham-and-cheese pleaser, just take a page from CT's kitchen staff! They left the bread crust on one side to form a book "binding" and cut out a letter on top.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 12 slices bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices American cheese
- Cut each slice of bread into a 3-1/2-in. x 3-1/4-in. rectangle,
- leaving one side with the crust on. Using a 1-1/2-in.letter cookie
- cutter, cut letters in half of the bread slices.
- In a small bowl, stir the butter, chives and onion salt until
- blended. Spread on one side of each slice of bread. Top whole bread
- slices with ham and cheese; top with cutout bread. Yield: 6