- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions in oil until almost tender. Add the squash, beans and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Aztec Vegetables
"Very good, quick, simple."
"Very good and lots of different veggies. You could serve this with a lot of meals!!"
"This was an excellent dish with alot of flavor. I used diced tomatoes with green chiles and served it with boneless ribs and steamed basmati rice. It had some nice heat. I will definitely turn to this recipe when I have zucchini and summer squash to use. I loved the combination with corn and green peppers, and it was super easy to prepare. Thanks TOH for another great recipe!"
"easy, tasty, and this dish goes with a variety of main dishes, especially southwestern and Mexican, but also southern."