Demonstrator Lesa Newman offers this tasty side dish that incorporates fresh produce from the fall harvest.—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions in oil until almost tender. Add the squash, beans and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Aztec Vegetables in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Fall 2003, p9
Reviews for Aztec Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review