Avocado Turkey Wraps
These delicious sandwiches, prepared by our Test Kitchen, are perfect for brown-bag lunches. With sliced turkey avocado and cheese, they'll add extra flavor to noontime meals. TIP: If you like, substitute tomato slices with a well-drained chunky salsa.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 8 thin slices tomato
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- Spread tortillas with mayonnaise. Top each with turkey, tomato,
- jalapeno, cheese, cilantro and avocado. Roll up and cut in half.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wrap equals 342 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,079 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 18 g protein.