Avocado Turkey Salad
Grape tomatoes and avocado chunks add pretty color and fresh flavor to this main-dish salad from our home economists. In a pinch, substitute half-and half or milk for the whipping cream, adding a teaspoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a large salad bowl, gently toss the greens, turkey, avocado and
- tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until
- smooth. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 225 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.