Grape tomatoes and avocado chunks add pretty color and fresh flavor to this main-dish salad from our home economists. In a pinch, substitute half-and half or milk for the whipping cream, adding a teaspoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a large salad bowl, gently toss the greens, turkey, avocado and tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Avocado Turkey Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p22
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Avocado Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review