Avocado Tomato Salad
This simple, colorful salad from Ginger Burow, Fredericksburg, Texas, combines fresh tomatoes with avocados. It goes great with any kind of Mexican food or it makes a wonderful appetizer when spooned on a toasted baguette.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, onion, salt and
- pepper. Place the avocados in another bowl; sprinkle with lime juice
- and toss gently to coat. Fold into tomato mixture. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 134 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.