This attractive dip is guaranteed to disappear in a hurry, assures Ruth Ann Stelfox of Raymond, Alberta. "It is simple to make and so tasty."
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 medium ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- Spread beans in a shallow 2-1/2-qt. dish. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning; spread over beans. Sprinkle with chilies.
- In a large bowl, mash avocados with the lime juice, salt and garlic powder. Spread over the chilies. Sprinkle with the cheese, onions, tomato and olives. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Avocado Taco Dip in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p18
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Avocado Taco Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review