- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 medium ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- Spread beans in a shallow 2-1/2-qt. dish. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning; spread over beans. Sprinkle with chilies.
- In a large bowl, mash avocados with the lime juice, salt and garlic powder. Spread over the chilies. Sprinkle with the cheese, onions, tomato and olives. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Avocado Taco Dip
Sort By :
I made this last night for a party . It was a hit a totally delicious ..
Love this!!! Made this for a casual movie night dinner for the family and they loved it. I added a pound of ground turkey on top of the bean layer and used plain non-fat greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. Can't wait to make this again!!!
LOVE THIS! I have made it about 20 times now! I'm in love
I made this for our dip contest at work, and it was a big hit! I won first place and the coveted Golden Spoon award! my son said it was the 'bomb'... for the taco seasoning i used the hot and spicy.. gave it just the right amount of kick! have made it a couple more times since, and will make again!
I took the advice and used a Spicy Taco seasoning instead of the regular and it made a huge difference in the punch of flavor.