- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the broth, potatoes, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Place avocados in a blender; add potato mixture. Cover and puree. Return to the pan; heat through. Garnish with sour cream and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Avocado Soup
Sort By :
I loved this. It was a very nice mix of flavor and different then anything I've ever made.
I thought this soup was a little too thick when I got the final product so I added another can of broth to thin it out a bit. If I were to make this again I would use real bacon chopped into very small pieces and cooked till crisp then I would transfer them to a plate and sautee my onion in the bacon drippings rather than butter then add the broth 3 cans instead of 2 then fisnish the rest of it the way it is written