Avocado Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients. Divide romaine among four plates; top with shrimp and avocado. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 397 calories, 35 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Avocado Shrimp Salad
"Nice light salad. Dressing was perfect ."
"Didn't find this salad all that great. The dressing is too vinegary for us, although others may like it. I would not make it again w/out some adjustments!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.