Avocado Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients. Divide romaine among four plates; top with shrimp and avocado. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 397 calories, 35 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.