Avocado Scrambled Eggs
Bacon and avocado blend nicely in these easy eggs from Sundra Lewis of Bogalusa, Louisiana. "While great for breakfast, I prefer to whip them together after a church meeting or football game...or anytime friends drop by for coffee and a bite to eat," she notes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, salt and pepper; stir in avocado. In
- a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add egg mixture; cook and
- stir gently until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 233 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 302 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.