- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 8 ounces sliced Havarti cheese
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread four bread slices with preserves. Layer with cheese and avocado slices; sprinkle with salt. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast sandwiches on a griddle over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Avocado Sandwiches(3)
Sort By :
These creamy sandwiches were a delightful surprise. I didn't change the recipe at all, made them in a panini maker and they were delicious! Served mine with tomato soup.
I agree with the previous review! These sandwiches are excellent!!! Going to make these for the 2nd time tonight. When I made these I substituted sliced Italian bread for the French and added some bacon slices for a little extra pizzaz.
Love, love, loved these!!! Had to use peach preserves but that didn't seem to make a difference. Definitely a keeper!