- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 8 ounces sliced Havarti cheese
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread four bread slices with preserves. Layer with cheese and avocado slices; sprinkle with salt. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast sandwiches on a griddle over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Avocado Sandwiches
"These creamy sandwiches were a delightful surprise. I didn't change the recipe at all, made them in a panini maker and they were delicious! Served mine with tomato soup."
"I agree with the previous review! These sandwiches are excellent!!! Going to make these for the 2nd time tonight. When I made these I substituted sliced Italian bread for the French and added some bacon slices for a little extra pizzaz."
"Love, love, loved these!!! Had to use peach preserves but that didn't seem to make a difference. Definitely a keeper!"