Try my sandwiches for an exciting flavor twist on grilled cheese.
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 8 ounces sliced Havarti cheese
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread four bread slices with preserves. Layer with cheese and avocado slices; sprinkle with salt. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast sandwiches on a griddle over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Avocado Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p23
Reviews for Avocado Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review