Avocado Salsa Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine corn, olives, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 7 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 82 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Avocado Salsa
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.