In Phoenix, Arizona, Jamie Jeffers combines tomatoes, onion and jalapeno with cilantro and avocado for a chunky salsa that is great with crunchy tortilla chips. TIP: "Sometimes I use a few fresh green chilies instead of the jalapeno pepper, and scoop the mixture over a green salad for a healthy and zesty dressing," Jamie says.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and
- pulse until coarsely chopped (do not overprocess); drain liquid.
- Transfer to a bowl; stir in avocado. Serve with chips. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.