Avocado Salad Dressing
Buttermilk and plain yogurt create the base for this thick dressing, which gets its color from avocado and parsley. The mild mixture is refreshing when dolloped over a tossed green salad. —Test Kitchen
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and
- process until smooth. Serve over salad. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 31 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.