Avocado Salad Dressing Recipe
Buttermilk and plain yogurt create the base for this thick dressing, which gets its color from avocado and parsley. The mild mixture is refreshing when dolloped over a tossed green salad. —Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 5 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Serve over salad. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 cups.
One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 31 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC