- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 16 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Additional pico de gallo
- Grease a griddle with oil; heat over medium heat. Lightly sprinkle tortillas with water to moisten.
- Place eight tortillas on griddle; sprinkle with cheese. After cheese has melted slightly, top with 1 cup pico de gallo, avocado and cilantro. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve with additional pico de gallo. Yield: 4 servings (2 quesadillas each).
Reviews for Avocado Quesadillas
"This recipe was really delicious and my whole entire family enjoyed it! I changed it a little bit by using guacamole instead of avocado. I did this because it was faster prep time and I can get dinner on the table faster."
"This recipe is quick and easy to prepare. The quesadillas taste delicious. Even the carnivores in the family didn't seem to notice the lack of meat! This recipe is a keeper and will be filed under "quick & easy" and subtitled "yummy.""
"The avocado is not overly noticeable, which is a benefit for non-avocado-lovers, but it adds a nice creaminess. I added a sprinkle of ground beef crumbles (cooked!) in each one. I would make it again."