- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 16 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Additional pico de gallo
- Grease a griddle with oil; heat over medium heat. Lightly sprinkle tortillas with water to moisten.
- Place eight tortillas on griddle; sprinkle with cheese. After cheese has melted slightly, top with 1 cup pico de gallo, avocado and cilantro. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve with additional pico de gallo. Yield: 4 servings (2 quesadillas each).
Reviews for Avocado Quesadillas
"This recipe was really delicious and my whole entire family enjoyed it! I changed it a little bit by using guacamole instead of avocado. I did this because it was faster prep time and I can get dinner on the table faster."
"The avocado is not overly noticeable, which is a benefit for non-avocado-lovers, but it adds a nice creaminess. I added a sprinkle of ground beef crumbles (cooked!) in each one. I would make it again."