- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bacon and onions. For dressing, in a food processor, combine one avocado, sour cream, milk, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Cover and process until blended. Stir in chives.
- Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cube remaining avocado; gently stir into potato salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Avocado Potato Salad
Sort By :
It was just OK. Very bland and made to much sauce.
This was just ok. Definitely not for the person who likes traditional potato salad!
Wonderfully creamy dressing. My daughter in law doesn't like potatoe salad, but she took this recipe home with her to make it herself!