Beryl Wallace VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA Avocado lovers will relish this hearty potato salad. A creamy, herb dressing lightly coats generous portions of potato, avocado, onion and bacon.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bacon and onions. For dressing, in a food processor, combine one avocado, sour cream, milk, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Cover and process until blended. Stir in chives.
- Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cube remaining avocado; gently stir into potato salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Avocado Potato Salad in Country June/July 2008, p51
Reviews for Avocado Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review