Avocado Pineapple Salsa Recipe
This colorful salsa developed by our home economists features the leaves of lovage, which is an aromatic perennial herb. Sweet pineapple balances perfectly with tart lime.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:20 servings
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 5 lovage or celery leaves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 5 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 29 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC