This colorful salsa developed by our home economists features the leaves of lovage, which is an aromatic perennial herb. Sweet pineapple balances perfectly with tart lime.
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 5 lovage or celery leaves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Avocado Pineapple Salsa in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p234
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Avocado Pineapple Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2014