Baby spinach, mandarin oranges and avocado are teamed in this refreshing springtime salad from Margaret O'Bryon of Bel Air, Maryland. You can also substitute fresh orange slices for the mandarin oranges.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Dash salt
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Place the spinach in a large salad bowl; top with oranges, cucumber and avocado. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Avocado-Orange Spinach Toss in Country Woman March/April 2006, p48
Reviews for Avocado-Orange Spinach Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review