Avocado Mandarin Tossed Salad Recipe
Crunchy toasted pecans and slices of creamy avocado add to the variety of textures and tastes in this interesting mixture. The salad is a lovely complement to my pork roast but is also delicious with many other meals. -Pat Stevens, Granbury, Texas
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oranges, onions, pecans and pepper; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Just before serving, place the greens in a large salad bowl; top with orange mixture and avocado slices. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 130 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC