Crunchy toasted pecans and slices of creamy avocado add to the variety of textures and tastes in this interesting mixture. The salad is a lovely complement to my pork roast but is also delicious with many other meals. -Pat Stevens, Granbury, Texas
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, onions, pecans and pepper; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Just before serving, place the greens in a large salad bowl; top with orange mixture and avocado slices. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Avocado Mandarin Tossed Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p31
Reviews for Avocado Mandarin Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2010
"I served this salad to a friend who had never tasted avacado before. She loved it and (true test of honesty in a compliment) asked for the recipe! Kudos - it's quick & easy, too!!"
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2009
"Great with Pork."