Avocado Malibu Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup frozen or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 2 large avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lettuce leaves
- Red grapes, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sour cream, curry powder and salt. Add the chicken, pineapple, green pepper, crab and pimientos. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Just before serving, toss avocados with lemon juice. Place avocados and crab mixture on lettuce. Garnish with grapes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 283 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Avocado Malibu Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.