An avocado spread adds mild flavor and delicate color to this ham and cheese sandwich. "You can toast or grill the bread. It's a hit with our family," says Toby Raymond of Springfield, Oregon.
Recommended: 32 Addicting Avocado Recipes
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat or sourdough bread
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the first three ingredients; spread on six slices of bread. Top with ham and Swiss. Spread cream cheese on remaining bread; place over Swiss cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Avocado Ham Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p46
Reviews for Avocado Ham Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2012
"Flavorful way to use up extra Easter ham for next day lunch!"