An avocado spread adds mild flavor and delicate color to this ham and cheese sandwich. "You can toast or grill the bread. It's a hit with our family," says Toby Raymond of Springfield, Oregon.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat or sourdough bread
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the first three ingredients; spread on six slices of bread. Top with ham and Swiss. Spread cream cheese on remaining bread; place over Swiss cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Avocado Ham Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p46
Reviews for Avocado Ham Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review