Avocado Grapefruit Salad Recipe
Here's a simple salad to make. The dressing is light and pleasant— great complement to the two fruits.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 4 medium pink or red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 4 medium avocados, peeled and cut into wedges
- Bibb lettuce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, onion, mustard and salt; stir until sugar is dissolved. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in poppy seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Just before serving, stir salad dressing. Arrange grapefruit and avocados on lettuce-lined plates; drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 389 calories, 34 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Avocado Grapefruit Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC