Here's a simple salad to make. The dressing is light and pleasant— great complement to the two fruits.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 4 medium pink or red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 4 medium avocados, peeled and cut into wedges
- Bibb lettuce
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, onion, mustard and salt; stir until sugar is dissolved. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in poppy seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, stir salad dressing. Arrange grapefruit and avocados on lettuce-lined plates; drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Grapefruit Avocado Salad in Country Extra July 2004, p51
Reviews for Avocado Grapefruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2010
"The dressing was good, but the salad itself was an unpleasant mix of flavors and on the messy side."