Here's a simple salad to make. The dressing is light and pleasant— great complement to the two fruits.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 4 medium pink or red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 4 medium avocados, peeled and cut into wedges
- Bibb lettuce
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, onion, mustard and salt; stir until sugar is dissolved. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in poppy seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, stir salad dressing. Arrange grapefruit and avocados on lettuce-lined plates; drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Grapefruit Avocado Salad in Country Extra July 2004, p51
Reviews for Avocado Grapefruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2010
"The dressing was good, but the salad itself was an unpleasant mix of flavors and on the messy side."