Give guests the VIP treatment with luxurious truffles you can make in your own kitchen. The goat cheese is mild, and red pepper heats up each bite just a bit. Crackers are the perfect accompaniment. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Featured In: 42 Holiday Party Snacks Every Host Should Know
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, finely chopped
- Pretzel sticks, optional
- In a small bowl, beat cheeses, garlic, lime peel, oil, chili powder and pepper flakes until blended. Stir in onion and cilantro. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- With a small melon baller, scoop out avocado balls onto a baking sheet; sprinkle with lime juice. Shape 1-1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture around each ball, then roll in pumpkin seeds. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve with pretzel sticks Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Avocado Goat Cheese Truffles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Avocado Goat Cheese Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review