Avocado Fruit Salad
This dish is simply delish. I'm glad a friend gave me the recipe. My family loves it...and so do I.—Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 medium ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 medium firm banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Cut avocados into chunks; Place in a large bowl; drizzle with lemon
- juice and toss to coat. Drain, reserving the lemon juice; set
- avocados aside.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, lemon peel
- and reserved lemon juice. In another large bowl, toss the apple,
- banana, grapes, oranges and avocados. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 271 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.