- 3 medium ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 medium firm banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Cut avocados into chunks; Place in a large bowl; drizzle with lemon juice and toss to coat. Drain, reserving the lemon juice; set avocados aside.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, lemon peel and reserved lemon juice. In another large bowl, toss the apple, banana, grapes, oranges and avocados. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Avocado Fruit Salad
Sort By :
"This was an interesting fruit salad. The majority of my family enjoyed it, the ones who didn't don't like fruit and avocados anyways. It was really easy to make and the taste was very similar to any other creamy dressing based fruit salad. I had to substitute orange peel for lemon peel (since I didn't have any) and after tossing the lemon juice with the avocado, I didn't have much left that drained out, so I added a bit more lemon juice to the dressing."