This dish is simply delish. I'm glad a friend gave me the recipe. My family loves it...and so do I.—Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
- 3 medium ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 medium firm banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Cut avocados into chunks; Place in a large bowl; drizzle with lemon juice and toss to coat. Drain, reserving the lemon juice; set avocados aside.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, lemon peel and reserved lemon juice. In another large bowl, toss the apple, banana, grapes, oranges and avocados. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Avocado Fruit Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p21
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Avocado Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review