Avocado Dressing Recipe
Buttermilk and fat-free yogurt create the base for this creamy and delicious dressing. And the avocado, parsley and dill add freshness, flavor and a lovely color to this easy choice for summer pasta. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid or small bowl. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 30 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC