Avocado Crabmeat Salad
You'll reel in compliments with Gail VanGundy's colorful seafood salad. "It makes a pretty side dish," notes the Parker, Colorado cook.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup flaked crabmeat, cartilage removed or imitation crabmeat
- 1/2 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and halved
- In a bowl, combine the crab, lettuce, celery, onion, lemon juice,
- salt and paprika. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir in
- mayonnaise until combined. Serve in avocado halves. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 242 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein.