Avocado Citrus Toss
"The light dressing doesn't mask the goodness of sweet citrus sections, crisp lettuce, crunchy almonds and mellow avocados," reports field editor Marie Hattrup of Sparks, Nevada
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, grapefruit, oranges, avocado
- and almonds. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing
- ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 355 calories, 26 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein.