Avocado Citrus Toss Recipe
"The light dressing doesn't mask the goodness of sweet citrus sections, crisp lettuce, crunchy almonds and mellow avocados," reports field editor Marie Hattrup of Sparks, Nevada
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, grapefruit, oranges, avocado and almonds. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Avocado Citrus Toss in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p8
Reviews for Avocado Citrus Toss(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2009
I tried this for a dinner party of 12 and it went over fabulous. The flavors in dressing are great. I subsituted thin Fuji apple slices instead of grapefruit but still using oranges. The recipe was taken home by many.
Reviewed May. 11, 2008
This is excellent, and is my husband's favorite salad. Absolutely wonderful!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >