We have a 2-1/2-acre avocado grove. It's located on a high slope just north of town. In the distance, we see foothills covered with avocado and citrus groves. Those two crops make a great combination in this salad. Friends always request it. —Dorothy Kostas, Escondido, California
Featured In: 33 Bright Winter Salads
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 8 to 10 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Add avocados. In a large salad bowl, toss remaining ingredients. Pour the dressing over salad and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Avocado Citrus Salad in Country Extra January 1998, p51
Reviews for Avocado Citrus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2013
"I have made this salad several times for friends/family...everyone loves it! Goes well for brunch or any type of fish."