Avocado Citrus Salad Recipe
We have a 2-1/2-acre avocado grove. It's located on a high slope just north of town. In the distance, we see foothills covered with avocado and citrus groves. Those two crops make a great combination in this salad. Friends always request it. —Dorothy Kostas, Escondido, California
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 8 to 10 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Add avocados. In a large salad bowl, toss remaining ingredients. Pour the dressing over salad and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Avocado Citrus Salad in Country Extra January 1998, p51
Reviews for Avocado Citrus Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2013
I have made this salad several times for friends/family...everyone loves it! Goes well for brunch or any type of fish.